What unit are measurements in?
All print sizes are given in inches.
What currency are prices in?
All prices are in US dollars.
How can I pay for my purchase?
You will be forwarded to PayPal when you check out. You can either pay using your PayPal account or with a credit card (just click the Continue link that is to the left of the PayPal login box). If you have paid with an E-check through PayPal, I will wait until the payment clears before shipping your order.
Quebec residents will be charged 8.5% QST.
PAPER TYPES, CANVAS PRINTS
What type of paper do you use?
My photographs are professionally printed on premium, acid-free archival paper, which is rated to resist fading for 100 years under normal home display conditions. What are normal display conditions you ask. Basically, it means that the print is under glass and out of direct sunlight.
You have a choice of two finishes. If I think a particular paper works best for a particular photograph, I point it out in the item listing.
- Matte – This paper is known for its accurate color and realistic saturation. Its matte finish resists fingerprints and reduces glare considerably compared with glossy paper. All photographs work well on this paper.
- Metallic – This stunning paper features a pearlescent surface and has a rich, distinctive metallic look that catches the eye. It has a unique three-dimensional appearance which delivers rich and vibrant colors, exceptional visual interest and depth. In other words, it's gorgeous! This paper is best suited to photographs with mid to dark tones. Lighter tones (like white and yellow) do not reproduce as well on this paper.
Are your prints signed?
Yes. They are signed on the back. Please note that if you are in the US, you can choose to receive unsigned prints that are shipped directly from my alternate lab in the US (I normally ship from Montreal, Canada). I give you this option in the event that you need prints in a hurry or if you are ordering larger prints and want to save on shipping costs. This is described in more detail in the Shipping section below.
Can your photographs be printed on canvas?
Yes. My photographs can also be printed on premier art canvas and wrapped around a wooden stretcher frame (known as a gallery wrap), ready to hang. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for sizes and pricing.
How long before my order is shipped?
My photographs are printed on demand by a professional photo lab. There is, therefore, a bit of a turnaround time. Prints are typically shipped within 5 business days of receiving payment. I will send you a confirmation email after your order has been shipped.
What does shipping cost and how long does it take?
When you check out, you will be presented with several options, depending on the size of the prints you ordered and your country.
If the order is being shipped to a Canadian address, you have the choice between regular mail and XpressPost. Prices are as follows:
- 8x8 and 8x10" prints - $3.50 USD ($4.50 for 3 or more) - takes 2 to 4 business days
- 8x12" prints - $12 USD for Regular mail (takes up to 10 days); $18 USD for XpressPost (takes 2 to 3 business days)
- 10x10" to 16x20" prints - $14 USD for Regular mail (takes up to 10 days); $18 USD for XpressPost (takes 2 to 3 business days)
- 20x24" or larger - $19 USD for Regular mail (takes up to 10 days); $24 USD for XpressPost (takes 2 to 3 business days)
If the order is being shipped to an address in the United States, you can order a Signed Print, which is shipped from Montreal, Canada and typically takes between 7 and 14 days to arrive in the US. If you just can't wait that long or would prefer to pay less for shipping, you can choose the Unsigned Print option. In this case, I use my alternate lab in the US and have them ship your prints directly to you. The quality of the US lab is the same as my lab in Montreal.
For UNSIGNED prints that are printed in the US and shipped directly to you:
- $6 USD for USPS Priority Mail, which takes 3 to 4 business days - this is a flat rate for all print sizes
- $12 USD for Fedex Next Day delivery - this is a flat rate for all print sizes
For SIGNED prints that are printed in Montreal and shipped from Canada:
- 8x8 and 8x10" prints - $4.50 USD ($6.00 for 3 or more) - takes 7 to 14 days (airmail)
- 8x12" prints - $9 USD - takes 7 to 14 days (airmail)
- 10x10" to 16x20" prints - $12 USD - takes 7 to 14 days (airmail)
- 20x24" or larger - $25 USD for Expedited ground mail (takes 6 to 14 days); $42 USD for Express Airmail (takes 3 to 4 business days)
For addresses outside of the USA and Canada, shipping is by airmail. Please note that for prints that are 20x24" and larger, the shipping cost rises dramatically. For this size, I offer a surface shipping option as well.
- 8x8 and 8x10" prints - $6 USD ($9.00 for 3 or more) - Airmail - takes 4 to 7 business days
- 8x12" prints - $11 USD - Airmail - takes 6 to 18 days
- 10x10" to 16x20" prints - $18 USD - Airmail - takes 6 to 18 days
- 20x24" or larger - $40 USD for Surface Delivery (takes 5 to 10 weeks); $80 for ExpressPost Airmail (takes 4 to 7 business days)
How are prints packaged?
Signed prints shipped from Canada: Prints that are 10x10" and smaller are shipped flat in rigid packaging. Larger prints are shipped rolled in a tube. In all cases, they are protected by a moisture-resistant bag.
Unsigned prints shipped from the US: All prints, regardless of size, are shipped flat in a sturdy box that is moisture-protected.
CUSTOMS FEES, DUTIES, AND TAXES
For signed prints that are shipped from Canada to the United States or other countries, please note that you are responsible for all international customs and duty fees. These are in addition to, and not included in, the cost of shipping and are incurred at the time of delivery. I am not able to calculate how much these fees might be, should they occur. You should inquire with your local customs agency for more information and assistance in this area. Returns will not be accepted due to customs fees.
What if my package is lost or damaged?
Packages that are taking longer than usual to arrive are normally delayed rather than lost, which is a rare occurrance. However, it may happen from time to time. A package will be considered lost if you have not received it within 4 weeks (for packages to Canada), 6 weeks (for packages to the US) or 8 weeks (for international packages). I will replace lost packages at no charge after the specified amount of time has passed.
Tracking is available only if one of the following shipping options was used:
- XpressPost shipping to Canada.
- Expedited or XpressPost shipping from Canada to the US
- XpressPost shipping from Canada to International addresses
- USPS Priority Mail delivery confirmation for unsigned prints shipped from the US to US addresses
- Fedex Next Day delivery for unsigned prints shipped from the US to US addresses
RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
What is your return policy?
I hope you are happy with your purchase! But if you are not satisfied for any reason, I will exchange your item(s) or refund your money (minus shipping costs) up to 14 days after you have received your order. You will be responsible for returning items in their original condition as well as return shipping costs.
Please note that with custom orders for very large prints and gallery wraps (prints on canvas), I can refund only 50% of the purchase price as these pices are expensive to produce.